Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Brothers

I didn’t think I’d be able to post today, but my pain is manageable right now and I’m going to make the most of it!

IMG_1327_edited-1

I’ve been wanting to write this post for some time now…..As a little girl, I had always wanted a sister. I was devastated when my mom brought home my brother from the hospital, he was supposed to be my sister “Melissa” (funny enough, I now have a sister in love named Melissa and she’s the best!). I used to dress up my brother in girls clothes and hair bows. Growing up, I dreamed about having 3 girls of my own one day. When I thought of my life “when I grew up”, I saw all things pink, pedicures and shopping trips……

Again, God has a sense of humor.

Today, I am the proud mother of two boys. I’m not going to lie to you and say that I wasn’t just a little bit disappointed when I found out I was having boys. Trust me, I was VERY thankful for even just the ability to have kids, but since I had been dreaming pink for years, I just couldn’t see myself as the mother of boys. I’m very girly. I like all things monogrammed and pink. I love playing dress up and shopping. I just don’t know how to do boys stuff. After all, I am a girl, I understand “us”. I thrive on emotion and drama. I like to talk….a lot.

IMG_1284_edited-1

But now having almost 3 years of “boys” under my belt…..I wouldn’t have it any other way. I LOVE it. I love how much my boys just love me and how cuddly they are. I love how concerned Parker is with taking care of me. I love seeing them interact with their daddy. I love seeing how much they love each other and can already tell they will be best buds. I love how I get a glimpse into the future and see how they are becoming the men God wants them to be already.

I’m hoping to have more children and yes it would be nice to add to Team Pink in our household, but honestly, I love my boys so much and if I end up with 3 or 4 boys, I will feel beyond blessed! I mean, how could I not want another sweet face like these???

IMG_1294_edited-1

IMG_1303_edited-1

And in case you are wondering where all the pics of Connor are these days, he is a man on a mission. That little monkey is all over the place now that he can crawl. He is NONSTOP!

blog comments powered by Disqus