Thursday, February 25, 2010

Prayer Warriors, NICU Ministry and Chubby Book

I’ve never really considered myself a “prayer warrior”. I’ve known several women who I would consider as a prayer warriors, but I had never thought that was really “for me”.

I don’t know if it’s being a mom, getting older or what, but I find myself praying for people ALL THE TIME now. I spend many nights after the kids have woken me up where I just cannot fall back asleep and I end up praying my heart out for anyone and everyone, even people I don’t even know personally.

My heart has been increasingly burdened for babies and young children fighting for their life. I have NO IDEA why God has placed this on my heart, but I do know that I need to be obedient. I’m praying about opportunities for a NICU ministry, but God hasn’t given me the details just yet!

I also know that God does hear and does answer our prayers. He can also perform miracles…..I’ve seen it first hand.

Right now I’m praying for this sweet little girl:

DSC_3319 by Layla_Grace.

(for the record, I did not take this picture, it’s from her website). Layla Grace is fighting for her life as she battles Neuroblastoma (a type of cancer). She is just two years old. My heart is BREAKING for this family. I have been praying for them for the last 10 months when she was first diagnosed.

Would you please pray for them? Layla Grace only has a few more hours before she will be ushered into Heaven. I also want to encourage you to read this post on praying for miracles that her mom wrote a few days ago. I love how she wrote it.

Are you a prayer warrior? If not, I encourage you to become one. There are so many people who need to be lifted up in prayer RIGHT NOW. It means SO MUCH to me to know that I have people praying for me and my family.

One way to get started is to create a prayer book. I love this idea of a “chubby book” my new friend Lindsay shared on her blog. I have never kept a prayer journal, but I plan to make my own “chubby book” and use it as a guideline. Whenever I tell someone that I’m going to pray for them, I truly mean it. This will help me pray more regularly for people, plus I can also look back on it and see how God has answered prayers!

Do you keep a prayer journal? How do you pray for people?

blog comments powered by Disqus