Friday, February 19, 2010

Organization~Kitchen Pantry

My kitchen pantry is FINALLY organized. I was quite a process for me only because I made it into one. After about a month of “disarray” which drove me NUTS, I forced myself to complete the task when my parents were in town last weekend.

I neglected to take a “before” picture, but close your eyes and think CHAOS. Did you see it? That WAS my pantry……but not any more!

Here she is now!

IMG_0271 IMG_0269 IMG_0270

Do you like??? Here are some things that helped me:

1) If possible, install additional shelving. I am blessed to have really high ceilings on my main level, including in my closets so I had my Dad put up more shelving above what was already there. Thank Dad!

2) Take EVERYTHING out of your pantry and group like items together.

3) Buy baskets to group the like items—I got mine from both Target and from the Dollar Tree.

4) Label each basket so your pantry stays organized and your husband and kids know where to put things :-)

5) Place items used the most at eye level. Place items used least up high. Place items you don’t want your kids getting into (ie paints, candy, special surprises) on the shelves that you yourself can’t reach.

6) Some categories I have in my pantry include (in case you can’t read the labels in the pics): Baking Goods, Pasta, Bread, Special Treats, Snacks Safe for Parker (he’s allergic to eggs), Extra Vitamins, Oils and Vinegar, Condiments.

How do you organize your pantry? I’d love to know and see some pics!

blog comments powered by Disqus